Arnold stewart

Default Any comments? Samsung TV

Samsung TV Model TXK2554 - Chassis KS2A
Problem with the set is that it had a dark picture (low Screen Voltage).
After trying to adjust the screen voltage on the flyback I lost the
screen voltage altogether. Disconnecting the wire from the CRT board and
measuring the voltage direct from the flyback gives 0 volts. So I figure
that the flyback is bad... but another technician told me he had a
similar problem once and just barely adjusting the screen voltage on the
flyback caused the picture tube to go to a blue screen. CRT was shorted.
The set I'm into, when pressing the power button, turns on for about 10
seconds and then turns off, but is not in shutdown. I can turn it right
back on without disconnecting it. I measured the power supply, checks
OK. High voltage comes up, looks normal.
Does anybody have experience with this set? Is the CRT causing the
flyback to self-destruct? Is it worthwhile replacing the flyback?