Tim Wescott

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

Bernd

Presumably if you don't know that taps are made of HSS or harder
there's a good chance you also don't know how to manage them to keep
them from jamming and breaking -- or how to feel a jam starting and
keep it from happening.

Aw, 'cmon, it's three days before Xmas*, be don't be such a grinch.
Maybe he sneezed at the wrong time or sumpin.

Can you honestly say you've never broken a tap? Isn't that how we all
learned how to avoid busting them?

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

*Speaking of which.....

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/j...imneysanta.jpg

Just the other day. And the next time I'm fixing to tap some 3xx
stainless with an itty bitty 6-32 tap I'll ask here first.

But I never thought they were made of cast iron.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services