MikeG

In article ,
says...
Hi Guys,

Got the cradle plan SWMBO likes from furniture.com but have a minor problem.
It calls for 3/8" mortises for all the 30 spindles plus a couple other
parts. Don't have a mortiser so how do I drill square holds without one?
Already talked to Santa with my list so that's out. Mentioned it to SWMBO
but she just said, "You'll figure it out as you always do".

Soooo, I was looking at Grizzly's ShopFox G9976 Mortiser. Anyone have this
and have any comments whether it's good or not? Don't want to spend too
much cause we're saving for our retirement move to MT. Not sure I could
convince her that it's a requirement for woodworking in MT. Then again, who
knows?

Help Guys,
Al in WA

Drill them out with a fosner bit for a flat bottom then clean and square
with a sharp chisel.

Hope your life like living in Mt. Better then mine did.
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods