Tim Killian

Your best bet is to find and older used model, something with lots of
cast iron in the construction. The newer models have too many aluminum
parts and cheap, unbalanced motors. You end up with lots of vibration.

Alex wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out.
Can anyone recommend a decent drill press for around $200?

Keith Marshall wrote:

I am thinking about buying Delta DP 350 Drill Press.
Here is my concern:
according to the manual, the Delta variable transmission requires
weekly lubrication.

I believe that is the model that Lowe's was dumping a couple of months
ago. From what I understand the variable speed mechanism on those are
plagued with problems. Here's a recent thread on them:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2d83672138c6d0

There are also quite a few negative comments on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...arden&n=507846

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"