Don Foreman

Find someone to teach you how to braze. It is dirt simple but I
don't think you'll learn nearly as well from reading as you would from
10 minutes of hands-on instruction and demo.

I'm in Minneapolis. If you are nearby, drop me an email, I think
we'd have you making good brazed joints right quick with a visit.

On 21 Dec 2004 21:28:36 -0800, "Ronnie" wrote:

It's been many a year since I brazed something, but I had the occasion
to try the other day...it sucked. Using an ox/acet brazing tip and new,
prefluxed rod, clean material, I heated the parent material red hot,
almost to the point of puddling. I kept the secondary material nice and
red as well, and began adding the brass by laying the unmelted tip of
the rod into the inferno and applying heat to the rod so it would melt
and flow out across the hot material.

Did it work...hell no! As the torch melted the rod, it "spattered" and
popped, kinda blowing itself out onto the parent and secondary metal;
looked like a smoked up, ****ty stick weld that didn't penetrate. My
torch was going pretty good, with a brazing tip and the small,
blue/white cone inside the flame. I know brazing looks better than
this, and the brass flows out nice and smooth with no fuss, no muss.
HELP !!!!

Ronnie