Kalico

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:04:49 GMT, Harvey Van Sickle
wrote:
[snip]

Basically, you need a licence for having the machines in your house --
regardless of whether or not you use them to watch broadcasts.

Surely that cannot be the case. What if it was never turned on? I
cannot think you would need a license for just possessing a TV or
video.

I rang the TV peeps and spoke to a guy who must surely be the only
person to work for them who does not have a TV license. He said that
the practicalities of removing the receiving bit could not be expected
from people.

What he said he had done was to shove a wine bottle cork over the
aerial input and tape it round with lots of PVC tape. He said any
inspector would easily conclude that he was not receiving broadcast TV
pictures.

BUT, he had made the declaration that he did not need a TV license and
he suggested I did the same. Of course, one of the reasons for making
SORN declarations compulsory was that if the vehicle is subsequently
found on the road, the owner cannot deny that he knew it should not be
there. That's why I wanted to know if I MUST make a declaration that
I do not need a license, or if the onus is on them to prove things one
way or the other.

Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply