Harvey Van Sickle

On 22 Dec 2004, Grunff wrote

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

You need a licence if you "install *or* use" (my emphasis)
equipment which can receive broadcast programme services. That
includes not only the tuner inside your telly, but also the tuner
inside your video; it would also include a PC card, which is
another "tuner".

I don't believe this is true. It is what the TV Licensing often
tell you, but that doesn't make it true.

Well, that's what it states on the back of the licence itself, in
writing:

You need a TV licence to install or use any equipment to
receive television programme services -- for example a
television set, video recorder, set-top box, PC with a
broadcast card or any other TV receiving equipment.

So if it's an illegal statement, they're doing it in writing -- which
strikes me as unlikely, as I'd have thought it would have been
challenged in court by now.

--
Cheers,
Harvey