D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
John A. Weeks III wrote:

I was taught how to milk a cow and shovel pig **** when I
was a kid. That doesn't mean that we have to maintain
those facilities in our houses. You can still go outside
or head to a campground and teach your kids to build a fire.

The bottom line is that wood fireplaces cause a quarter
million fires each year and kills hundreds of people,
representing about 25% of all residential fire damage.
The sad thing is that it is totally avoidable--just don't
light a wood fire in your house. It can and does kill a
lot of people.

So do Christmas trees and swimming pools. We are going to live in fear of
our fireplaces?!

Dimitri