Jerry Martes

AJ

I guess I have to apologize about asking for videos. I had assumed that
you'd have tried something since you have spent $7,000.00 on this project
already. I just didnt think you could have gotten this far without having
tried something.
You must know that an automotive spring can be heated and bent. The
question about the durabilty of that spring could be answered pretty easily
with some real life tests. I was curious about what you'd broken so far.
Now that you've aparently become dissatisfied with the replies you get, I
begin to wonder how real this project is. For instance, where does the 250
MPH come from?? I'd have thought a 3 ft long blade rotating at 3,000 RPM
would have a tip speed of about 320 MPH. Maybe I'm wrong.

How about sending us a picture of what you have so far. Assuming this is
a real project, I'd bet you can get some excellant information from guys on
this news group. Your description so far of what you want has been less
than well defined.

Jerry

"AJ Quick" wrote in message
oups.com...
Um.. excuse me?

The majority of the replies were about a way to make the spinner slip,
asking for videos, or suggesting something that would not even be
capable.

The 45 degree angle was a question.. would something say tool steel be
able to be bent downward then hardened.. then withstand a side impact
without bending to the side on that downward 45 angle?

If you can find me a supplier to get this "AL64V" or rather "6AL-4V" as
it is known. Or the "quench and tempered steel" as you mentioned than
let me know.

The spinner spins at about 250 miles per hour, and would exert about 13
Kilo Joules of energy.