Grant Erwin

Ignoramus29457 wrote:
Question. Are these 2 ton engine hoists from Harbor Freight really
able to lift two tons, no kidding?

Yes, no kidding. With a huge caveat. You must have all the legs fully
extended and bolted tightly, you must have the hook centered over the
load, you must have the overhead jib in the 2ton position. Then it will
lift, yes. Roll, not really. Those hoists will lift 2 tons but will only
roll about 2000 pounds without really hurting the casters. On my last
hoist I finally wondered why the damn thing didn't roll like it used
to, took it apart and discovered 4 bent axles. No *way* were those
casters rated for 1000 pounds. I redid them and it worked much better.

When I make my own shop crane it will have most serious wheels. The
older I get the more I spend on casters.

Grant