John A. Weeks III

In article ,
(Charles H. Buchholtz) wrote:

John A. Weeks III ) wrote:

: If you think a gas fireplace is not pretty, then you haven't
: seen the modern ones. They look just like wood burning.
: Go check one out, not that you have to buy one, but to get
: up to date on what the options are.

So, can I select the logs to fit together with just the right gaps for
a good draw, watch them as they settle, add wood as the logs burn into
embers, and have the satisfaction of building a "one match" fire from
the assortment of wood and kindling available? Can I teach children
how to build a fire, the way I was taught when I was a child?

I was taught how to milk a cow and shovel pig **** when I
was a kid. That doesn't mean that we have to maintain
those facilities in our houses. You can still go outside
or head to a campground and teach your kids to build a fire.

The bottom line is that wood fireplaces cause a quarter
million fires each year and kills hundreds of people,
representing about 25% of all residential fire damage.
The sad thing is that it is totally avoidable--just don't
light a wood fire in your house. It can and does kill a
lot of people.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications