John A. Weeks III

In article . com,
"elvindeath" wrote:

Guess I wasn't aware of all of these problems before but, yes, I would
very much prefer to burn wood (call me traditional). With the few
fires I build per year (10 or so), I enjoy the ambience of the wood
much more. I'd rather just seal the fireplace up as opposed to burning
a "fake" fire.

I can assure you that there is nothing fake about a gas fire.
If you don't agree, just put you hand in one, and see how long
you can hold it there. You will find that you get burned just
as badly from gas as from wood.

Add in the fact that gas is not stinky like wood, gas does
not have random bubbles that splatter pitch into your room,
nor does gas have cinders that start forest fires, nor does
it burn your house down from accumulation of pitch in the
chimney, nor does gas leave a lot of embers to clean up,
or smoke to damage your living room. What it does give is
a nice pretty fire that starts quickly, gives off heat much
more efficiently, and burns cheaply.

If you think a gas fireplace is not pretty, then you haven't
seen the modern ones. They look just like wood burning.
Go check one out, not that you have to buy one, but to get
up to date on what the options are.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications