Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:27:40 GMT, "Lawrence L'Hote"
wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote in message
ups.com...
Happened upon this school website

http://www.msd.k12.mo.us/vocational/...oodworking.htm

Can YOU pick out all the safety hazards in these photos?

You scare me Larry. I didn't see a picture there where they were doing
anything unsafe. Push sticks on a router table is not one of the best
ideas
I've ever heard. Hands inches from the bit? Yeah - it's called
woodworking. It requires control in order to be safe. Look at what they
are routing and suggest a safer alternative.

I too don't see any glaring safety hazards. Some of the kids in the
background(s) didn't have their safety glasses on...but I'm sure they've
been told umteen times. Table saw guards and spliters in place. No long
sleeves or long hair evident. I noticed some have hearing aides but one
might wonder why they don't wear the muffs to preserve what little hearing
they might still have.

I suspect the power tools have a lower noise level than the
cars-turned-into-boom-boxes in which they drive around. :-(

Larry(...not the original poster)