Martin Angove

Default Cowboy wiring - grumble, grumble, grumble.

In message ,
(Lobster) wrote:

Presumably at some time in the past, when the shower was fitted, the
fitter would have found the 40A circuit with no oven on the end, and
decided to hook the shower up to that rather than install a new
circuit?

Found a similar situation at a house recently. There was a 4-way CU
(lights/immersion/sockets/32A shower) and the new owner found the oven
and 6.7kW hob plugged into an extension lead. The shower MCB had
previously been supplying a cooker point but, although I found the cable
as it ran under the floorboards, it disappeared into a newly-tiled wall
so instead of a simple reconnection job (was fitting a larger CU anyway)
I had to run a completely new circuit for the hob and oven :-(

I think this was a DIY-er cowboy rather than a pro though.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: