I would rather see a yellow house than another earth-tone. I have seen
endless tracts of houses built with nothing but various shades of beige, tan
and brown. That is boring.

I actually kind of like yellow. I particularly like what I've taken to calling
"F-U" yellow, which is the shade of yellow the people near my work re-painted
their house after the historic-district commission told them that they had to
paint it either white, yellow, or (I think,) green. They chose
a shade somewhere between road-stripe and international-safety yellow.
Not timid. :-)

It took a little more than a year for other houses nearby to start copying it.
Once you get used to it, it looks really good. But not for people who are
afraid of color.