Stormin Mormon

Don, sounds like the installer wasn't reading the directons that come with.

--

Christopher A. Young
Keep Jesus Christ in CHRISTmas

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2004 05:56:24, HvacTech2 wrote:

I would hope that an hvac tech would know to put the stat in before the
humidifier to get a proper reading of space RH my point is that using a
return humidistat is normal and as good a reading as a wall type

humidistat.

Not the fellow that installed mine! He put it on the supply, despite my
arguing that made no sense. And I went through two or three AutoTrac
humidistats. None ever worked. I don't know whether being on the supply
destroyed them, or they are simply prone to failure. So he ended up simply
wiring the two humidifiers to go on whenever the furnace is on.

So far this has not been a problem. The house has a huge volume, ancient
leaky windows, and an oversized furnace (200,000 BTUs) that doesn't run too
much. But I am replacing the windows soon. It may become a problem. Or
maybe not.

Don donwiss at panix.com.