AJ Quick

"
A leaf spring from a car or truck will probably suffice. Hope you have
a good lawyer on retainer when the **** hits the fan.
"

No it probably wouldn't. The **** would not hit a fan, it would hit a
1" thick wall made of lexan.

"
Have you actually tested that spinning yard long 1/2 inch thick 3 inch
wide balde?? What happens to your robot when it encounters another,
equally heavy, robot ot obstruction?? ?Got any videos to post?
"

Sorry Jerry, no video.. as my first post was trying to get a material
to make the blade out of.

"
Bigger and faster spinners already exist, heh. As for lawyers we've had
our fill! Why d'you suppose Battlebots went off the air? Lawyers,
that's why.. Yecchh!
"

I doubt it though, in our weight class and level of competition.. yeah
it went away because of some bad lawsuits. None related to injuries,
but to who had the rights to the show.

"
AL64V Titanium with S-7 toolsteel heads
"

I'll look into that. I highly doubt we have the funds, as we've already
thrown about $7k into it currently.

Thank you for the link and info "Old Nick".

I'm still kinda looking for a good answer to my original question,
however. To all those concerned with kinetic energy and safety.. don't
worry about it. The spinner has a way to slip.. also, it is powered by
2 5hp electric motors.. with lots of batteries. Its not going to fly
off and kill someone.. if I use a leaf spring from a car.. yeah then it
probably will.