Oppie

Default Question on concrete board

I'm remodeling a very small bathroom (about 5'x7'). For now, I'll just
be laying linoleum, but I would like to lay some concrete board so that
I can at a later date tile the room. The flooring right now (under the
existing linoleum) is a 1/2" thick plywood. It seems very solid and
doesn't seem to buckle. This house was built some 40 years ago and the
wood looks in excellent condition.

Anyway, how THIN of a layer of concrete board can I get away with? I
don't want to raise the final level of the floor any more than
necessary. Would 1/4" concrete be okay for a small job like this?

Thanks!

--
Oppie the Bear
aka TOJ (The Other John)