Jeff Wisnia

Now that is some ghetto thermo rigging...but it makes me wonder - the
xmas tree is within a few feet of the thermo - perhaps that is making
the house cold at night when the tree is lit..

hmm....

Bluesman

Well, X10 makes a "thermostat setback" gadget which works on the same
principle I described, nly it has an adjustable power level so you don't
have to move it up and down on the wall to adjust the number of degrees
of setback. Here's one now:

http://asihome.com/ASIshop/product_i...roducts_id=657

And, back in the '50s when I worked for a TV shop, those big vacuum tube
TV consoles put out a lot of heat. When we were delivering one to a
customer's home and they told us to put it against a wall right below
the thermostat we knew enough to warn them that the heat from the TV set
when it was on would fool the thermostat and make the room "get colder".

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia