Sunworshipper

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:10:47 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
Gunner calmly ranted:
"Jon" wrote:

Boy howdy that would be illegle in Oregon. Can't have a commercial

business
on farmland. The tree huggers would hate you.
Jon

Your ****ting me? Really?

I don't doubt that.

I was going to keep more busy by doing handyman work until I learned
that to work inside someone's home up here, I need a -full-
contractor's license, a $10k bond, and $50k in insurance. And I had
always thought -CA- was overregulated... grrrr Suckage Major.

That's right, folks. To lube a squeaky hinge in someone else's Oregon
home (for pay) requires a full contractor's license. Price: About
$1,000. (License $295 for 2 years or $590 for 4 years, a couple
hundred for the bond, and about $500 for insurance. Add several weeks'
time for studying, getting licensed, etc.)

How many actual handymen go through this process?

The ones that advertise all do - you can't even place an ad unless you have
a CCB number.

Basically, if you're a full-time advertising handyman you need the license
and bond. If you do stuff on a referral basis, or are doing it pay your way
through college, well....

Jon

We don't want those jobs anyway. I bet if you checked who actually
does the work you wouldn't find a licensed one. The one holding the
lie.s would be the chick doing the paper work.

Its all about how to extort money not about if the job is done right.
The only way to pay for all the hoop jumping is to have people that
don't know what they are doing on the job.

Better learn another language before going to the trouble.