John

"Grunff" wrote in message
Georgiegirl wrote:

I was only asking about the prices of spare parts because my Potterton
Combi 80 is now 5 years old - doesn't seem very reliable and I have
been told that I will need a new pump soon. I was told that the price
of these pumps would be increasing after April so I should either get
one before then or..
the guy also said that the price of condensing boilers would be going
up in April and so I should maybe think about replacing the boiler now
while the prices are lower.

Any thoughts???

Did he offer you a free extended warranty if, and only if, you sign up
today?

According to him, all prices are about to take a big jump in April - why
is that?

I'd say if there is a jump it will be short lived as all the boiler
manufacturers will be shifting up a gear in condensing production volumes
and be competing like mad for a share of this new market volume.
Now just before the end of March the market will be awash with non
condensing boilers as manufacturers and stockist rush to unload stocks. It
will probably be worth buying a couple simply for spares