pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Jon Danniken"
wrote back on Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:10:47
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
"Gunner" wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
Gunner calmly ranted:
"Jon" wrote:

Boy howdy that would be illegle in Oregon. Can't have a commercial

business
on farmland. The tree huggers would hate you.
Jon

Your ****ting me? Really?

I don't doubt that.

I was going to keep more busy by doing handyman work until I learned
that to work inside someone's home up here, I need a -full-
contractor's license, a $10k bond, and $50k in insurance. And I had
always thought -CA- was overregulated... grrrr Suckage Major.

That's right, folks. To lube a squeaky hinge in someone else's Oregon
home (for pay) requires a full contractor's license. Price: About
$1,000. (License $295 for 2 years or $590 for 4 years, a couple
hundred for the bond, and about $500 for insurance. Add several weeks'
time for studying, getting licensed, etc.)

How many actual handymen go through this process?

The ones that advertise all do - you can't even place an ad unless you have
a CCB number.

Basically, if you're a full-time advertising handyman you need the license
and bond. If you do stuff on a referral basis, or are doing it pay your way
through college, well....

How about if you're doing it as way to meet women?

(Q.vid "Day By Day" for today [Dec 20, 2004]
http://daybydaycartoon.com/Default.aspx )

--
pyotr filipivich.