Marty

Default adding jacks to tv/vcr combo

Hi all,

I have a Symphonic 9 inch tv/vcr combo that we use in the van. I would
like to add the ability to connect a dvd player without going through
the vcr video circuit. My idea is to cut the video feed line from the
vcr to the monitor and wire in two composite jacks mounted on the back
of the unit. One jack would to the monitor. The other jack would come
from the vcr. To watch a dvd, I would connect a composite cable from
the dvd player to the jack going to the monitor. To watch a vhs tape, I
would just connect a composite cable to the two jacks. The sound I can
get from the dvd or from the tv/vcr via headphones.

I haven't opened the case yet. Does this solution sound feasible? Do
these units typically come with a composite cable connection between
the vcr and the monitor inside the case or is it all on a circuit
board? I am also making the assumption that if there is a composite
cable connection that it only serves the purpose of carrying a video
signal from the vcr to the monitor. Is this a reasonable assumption?
Thanks,

Marty