Jeff Wisnia

Thanks to Jeff for the detailed explanation...I will look to a
prgrammable thermo -

I just remembered I should have mentioned that if getting a timed
thermostat and installing it is too big a hassle you can jury rig one
easily.

Just get an inexpensive plug-in-the wall light timer and connect a small
lamp bulb, like a nightlite bulb, to it on a length of cord.

Let the timer light the bulb when you want the temperature to be lower.
Experiment with locating that bulb on the wall below the thermostat.
You'll find a location where the rising heat from the bulb will "fool"
the thermostat into thinking the room temperature is higher than it
really is and thus "push the heat down" the amount you want.

A "red-neck" solution, but one which works quite well.

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia