Gunner

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:19:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:49:59 GMT, Gunner
calmly ranted:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:42:05 -0800, "Jon" wrote:

Boy howdy that would be illegle in Oregon. Can't have a commercial business
on farmland. The tree huggers would hate you.
Jon

Your ****ting me? Really?

I don't doubt that.

I was going to keep more busy by doing handyman work until I learned
that to work inside someone's home up here, I need a -full-
contractor's license, a $10k bond, and $50k in insurance. And I had
always thought -CA- was overregulated... grrrr Suckage Major.

That's right, folks. To lube a squeaky hinge in someone else's Oregon
home (for pay) requires a full contractor's license. Price: About
$1,000. (License $295 for 2 years or $590 for 4 years, a couple
hundred for the bond, and about $500 for insurance. Add several weeks'
time for studying, getting licensed, etc.)

How many actual handymen go through this process?

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas