I was just in the same boat as you...roof was not great when I bought
it, and as the years went by shingles were flying off all over the
place.

Yesterday I had 900 sq feet done (a second layer) for $1675, which was
essentially 3/4 of the roof. (The rest was ok.)

I spoke to everyone I knew for suggetions - my nextdoor neighbor who
works construction suggested a guy he works with - I called him and he
came down Sat to look at the roof, gave me as estimate later that day,
and had 3 of his men come down yesterday (yes, Sunday) to bang out the
job. I also talked him down from $2100.

You don't mention what is wrong with the roof. Leaks? rotted
shingles? Holes?

Bluesman