BOB URZ

Dave wrote:

HI,
We have a Whirlpool fridge thats about 7 years old runs fine but there is a
heating coil in the freezer that must be running ALL the time. The seals
are good and tried different settings. The freezer barely freezes because
of the heaters. The outside of the freezer area is always hot. Been like
this for a year, would try replacing a sensor or something if I knew where
to look. What's up with that?
Thanks,
Dave

Replace the defrost timer, or if your clever you could disconnect the element.
Keep in mind if you get a new one and do it yourself, the replacements might
not be identical to what you have and you will
have to look close to get it to work.

Bob