The Natural Philosopher

Default hip roof loft conversion

Hugo Nebula wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:29:15 +0000, a particular chimpanzee named The
Natural Philosopher randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Owain wrote:

AFAIK there is no minimum headroom requirement for rooms

There is.

There is no minimum headroom requirement in the Building Regulations
(except that for stairs and landings) and hasn't been for at least 20
years now.

Mmm. Then why did my architect go nuts about making sure I had 2.2m
height rooms throughout?.

Certainly you have to have rooms atleast 1.75 m tall,

to satisfy e.g. trickle ventilation that requires some

part of the vent to be above 1.75m from floor level...

...perhaps you are right, in that as long as your landing is 6 feet tall,
and your doorways not much less, you can have a 1 inch high room,
provided its not equipped with electrical sockets (450mmm minimum
height) windows (mimum dimension for fire exit) trickle ventilation (min
height) etc etc.