Larry Jaques

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:49:08 -0800, "patrick mitchel"
calmly ranted:

Good deal, don't expect miracles- ain't gonna be an "a" pack. The weak cell
is gonna drag down the pack but you should get some mileage out of the
thing. I frankensteined a pack for a black and decker that someone gave up
on the job I used to work- when I tried to locate who owned it - no joy so i
figgered I had a cordless. Yabbut it needed brushes, new battery, switch
work. I can see why the guy left it behind. The cells I got from american
scientific that was selling used 7.2v packs of subc cells. Had to replace
about half of the cells and the thing still works when needed- with single
speed isn't much. But adding stuff to the waste side of life bugs me, so
it's still kickin. Pat

Day 2: My 14.4 pack's still kickin' at full bore.
By Jove, I think she's going to make it!

I've always been amazed at the length of charge on the little Skil
9.6v drill my folks gave me a decade ago. It runs for months at a time
doing light-duty service. I keep it around for drilling while I use
the Ryobi for screwing/countersinking/larger bores that won't fit in
the cheaparse 8" HF drill press. That Skil battery won't seem to die,
either. I've been pleasantly surprised by it.

--
Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com
Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites