Paul

"stu" wrote in message news:VA.00000020.003a5692@one...
Colston 700S countertop dishwasher, made in Sweden c. 15 years old,
sticking on rinse cycle. I dismantled the programmer and cleaned
the contacts and re-assembled. Now it's not turning off the second
solenoid tap which fills for the main wash cycle, so it floods. The
diaphragm water-level sensing switch works ok for the first solenoid
tap on the pre-wash, so its not that. The programmer is a series of cam
operated rocker switches. The first rocks one way to fill for the
pre-wash and the other way for the main wash. All connections are
making ok. Any idea what could be going wrong?
Stu.

had a problem similar to this with my dishwasher...... different make and
model though

turned out it was the main pump that had broke, the impellor was broken from
the motor shaft
and it still pumped water because the impellor would turn a small ammount
but not strong enough.
The dishwasher has a 'dirt' sensor and just kept sticking on the wash cycle
because it never registered as being clean. I know this is not like your
problem but I went through a similar fault finding excersise and didn't
check the pump because the symptoms led me to check other things.

Sorry I couldn't help more
Paul