xrongor

its a simple device, and gravity always works. take a good hard look at it.
something is preventing it from closing. fix it. i suspect a couple drops
of oil and a little lint removal would go a long way here.

adding weight to the flap may cause it not to open at all, potentially
ruining the dryer or catching your house on fire. same with some bogus
screw stop. dont muck with simplicity. just fix it.

randy

"ChInKPoInt [No MCSD]" wrote in message
Got some problem with my dryer vent.. help!! The flap doesn't close
automatically after using the dryer. Mine looks exactly like this one:
https://www.ge.com/appliances/usa/imgs/acc011564.jpg

Here, East coast was -20c degree today when I walked into the basement I
saw frosts on my dryer alumium pipe, I felt there was something wrong .So
went outside of the house and inspected the vent, and found that the flap
was fully opened!! When I touched it with my hand, it closed as normal
and
I couldn't duplicated the problem.... not sure what when wrong. I am
worrying about it will happen again.

Should I add some weight to the flap? say put a screw in it so that it
won't
open fully? will that work?? I can't replace the whole thing coz it's
freezing out there.. any suggestions?

C.P.