Jerry Martes

AJ

Have you actually tested that spinning yard long 1/2 inch thick 3 inch
wide balde?? What happens to your robot when it encounters another,
equally heavy, robot ot obstruction?? ?Got any videos to post?

Jerry

"AJ Quick" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey,
I'm working on a design for a Battlebot for their 2005 competition in
Orlando Florida. I am working on a design that I feel will fair
extremely well against any others. Currently, I am looking at a
material to use for the weapon. My design calls for a flat bar, about
36-40" long x 3" wide x .5" thick.

What would be the best material to use? Keep in mind that this will be
a spinner, spinning at 3000rpm, putting a fair amount of kinetic energy
into the other bot.

Hardened S7 Toolsteel fare well against bending or breaking?

Could the peice be bent at a 45 degree angle a few inches from the
ends? Without them breaking off, or bending the whole thing.

Does anyone know of any shops that will sponsor a weapon of those
dimensions, with a huge strength and hardness?

Oh, and this bot isn't a pipe dream. ;-) We've got over $7000 invested
into it. But we still need more money! If anyone wants to donate,
Paypal
Please let me know!
AJ Quick
http://www.HHSRobotics.com/