MP Toolman

I agree that nothing beats chains for traction, but they are a pain to put on
and take off -- and with the vehicles I have had the ride ends up being pretty
bad on everything except soft snow or mud. I'd consider a good set of snow
tires. I used to think that all season tires were adequate until I tried a set
of real snow tires. Now I am hooked. I have a set of Bridgestone Blizaks on
my Cooper. Until it runs out of ground clearance, it feels like it has four
wheel drive! A side benefit is that the aluminum wheels stay in the garage and
never see salt.

Mill

Subject: tirechain recommendations?
From: "williamhenry"
Date: 19/12/2004 20:41 Eastern Standard Time
looking to purchase a set as after last year I have decided that I need to
be better prepared?

after looking on the web I am totally confused

vehicle is a dodge Dakota crew cab 2wd?

chains on all tires or just driven axle?

cable or link type?