Jon Danniken

"RoyJ" wrote:
2wd pickup is best served by getting some weight in the back. Big
problem is getting some weight that will stay where it is supposed to if
you run into something. Concrete blocks and old engines tend to come
sailing though the cab when you hit a snow bank. Best I 've ever seen
was a piece of steel plate as a bed liner.

But you asked about chains: In terms of increasing traction you have
cables, standard link chains, toothed link chains, and for serious off
road you can get double linked (twice as many cross links) chains. Some
vehicles (most cars) can only use the cable type due to lack of
clearance. Much of the clearnace problems is on the sides when you turn.

I suspect that your PU will take the standard chains , see your owners
manual. You can get a quick check by looking at the clearance from the
tire tread to both sides and to the top when the wheel is fully
compressed.

Cheers.
williamhenry wrote:
looking to purchase a set as after last year I have decided that I need

be better prepared?

after looking on the web I am totally confused

vehicle is a dodge Dakota crew cab 2wd?

chains on all tires or just driven axle?

cable or link type?

I might that when you purchase the bungy things to tension them with, you
purchase an extra set and leave it unopened. You may never need it, but
when you do you will *really* be glad to have it.

Jon