On 20 Dec 2004 01:48:05 GMT, (DonLanger) wrote:

Have a outlet in a bedroom where one side is live all the time, the other side
is switched from the wall. The original outlet went bad, when I removed it I
wired it the same way it came off. 2 wires on the top the 1 white wire on the
bottom(white). Problem now is that the both sides of the outlet are now live
all the time, the switch on the wall has no effect. Did I do something wrong?
or is there a special outlet I need to use for this type of installation?

Very simple wiring diagram images. One is a split receptacle.

http://www.urlbee.com?430

hth,

tom