PAUL100

Subject: outlet question
From: (DonLanger)
Date: 12/19/2004 8:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Have a outlet in a bedroom where one side is live all the time, the other
side
is switched from the wall. The original outlet went bad, when I removed it I
wired it the same way it came off. 2 wires on the top the 1 white wire on the
bottom(white). Problem now is that the both sides of the outlet are now live
all the time, the switch on the wall has no effect. Did I do something wrong?
or is there a special outlet I need to use for this type of installation?

on the brass screw side(hot side, should be black wire) you need to break off
the tab that connects the two screws together.