Wanderer

Default Off peak electricity

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:02:36 +0000, Alistair Riddell wrote:

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, JhnWil875 wrote:

On a completely unrelated subject it would be interesting to know what
percentage of electricity is stolen by various means.

I wonder if anyone knows, as far as I can see it would be very hard to
make even an educated guess.

Not sure if it's still done, but it's quite easy. Energy is measured at
bulk supply points (i.e.where the local leccy companies get it from the
national grid). Deduct all the units billed, factor in an allowance for
unmetered supplies, like street lights, and system losses, and you have
an indication of unbilled units.