Leon

"RonB" wrote in message
news:Qyjxd.14278$F25.6424@okepread07...
Any experience with the stand-alone router speed controls? I have a
2-year old single speed Bosch 1617, love it and I don't want to replace
it. I would, however, like the capability to control the speed and the
stand-alone controllers look like a good investment.

Only concern - Is any compromise on the router motor,or internal circuitry
from a reliability standpoint? I don't want to cook my Bosch.

I have use the external variable speed units. IMHO they do what they are
suppose to do but unlike many routers with built in variable speed they do
not maintain the router speed under a load. Typically the router with the
built in variable speed has feed back and will maintain speed under load to
a greater degree.