Norminn

Trying to Help wrote:
All,

I just had the roof redone, and am seeing that some shingles have air
pockets underneath. My thought is that each sheet of shingle should be
fastened to the one beneath, without void. It seems like I have 3 feet
of adhesion, .5 feet lifted off (about 1 inch off), and another 3 feet
of adhesion. Is this normal? Is each shingle sheet expected to adhere
completely to the one below? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What brand/style of "shingle"? Did you have a building permit for the
work? Written bid? Licensed roofer? The shingle package normally has
installation instructions printed on it, including the number/spacing of
nails. That could also likely be found on the internet. Winter not the
best time for reroof, as sun helps stick them down.