sandman

In article Qyjxd.14278$F25.6424@okepread07, "RonB"
wrote:

Any experience with the stand-alone router speed controls? I have a 2-year
old single speed Bosch 1617, love it and I don't want to replace it. I
would, however, like the capability to control the speed and the stand-alone
controllers look like a good investment.

Only concern - Is any compromise on the router motor,or internal circuitry
from a reliability standpoint? I don't want to cook my Bosch.

I have played with one of those before. I found it was 'searching' in a
pulse-like fashion for a speed to settle into when it was not under
load.
Motor fans are sized for optimum airflow at a specific RPM. In the case
of single speed, they're optimized for maximum RPM.
EVS devices are 'fanned' for lower RPM and loads.
Your Bosch, or any single speed device, wouldn't be blowing the same
amount of air at lower RPM even though the load could be generating a
****load* of heat. That lower airflow may still be adequate, just that
we don't know for sure, eh?
I'm sure that with the smaller bits it wouldn't be cause for concern,
but those horizontal raised panel bits?

*****load = Canadian term for 'a lot'. May be metric.

Rob

"Common sense is not common"