Mike Marlow

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 02:38:21 GMT, "Mark Wells"
calmly ranted:

Here's what I was thinking
* dust collector - 10 gauge, 10 foot extension cord
* band saw - 12 gauge, 10 foot extension cord
* jointer - 12 gauge, 10 foot extension cord

Let me restate that: Don't put -extension- cords on those
machines, RECABLE them, wiring from the switch to the wall
with new, high-quality cable and a grounded male plug on
the end.

I have to disagree Larry. For a lot of us, our tools have to move around,
in and out of parking places. Extension cords are much more versatile for
that than hardwired cords. Properly made extension cords are every bit as
good as a hardwired configuration and for us that have to deal with moving
and storing, they're better.
--

-Mike-