Thanks Ken for adding the Clomplet History of Taiwan. My reason for
even mentioning it is that the quality difference of items coming in
from the two sources is substantial in MHO.

The Other Bruce
Ken Moon wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
SNIP .........
Again, the operation of the lathe is fine...the fit and finish

just
seems
off by about 10-15% compared to the VS models I have observed.

Is the shift from Taiwan new for the 6 speed model or has it

been
made in
China for some time?

Just an FYI - Tha Island of Tiawan is not China, even though, China
wants them to be.

The Other Bruce

==================================
Taiwan was part of China until the late 40's, when they declared they

were
separate. China still claims they are a renegade province of China,

and are
now considering making a law saying that. It would then justify

attacking US
if they tried to protect Taiwan in case of a confrontation. Just

another pot
waiting to boil over!

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX