Roger Shoaf

wrote in message
ups.com...
I hear what you are saying however, the person reading this group and
reads a post about "bubbles in a tiolet" is probably searching for a
similar problem and not "building their dream house."

In the case that someone was reading this to learn about improved
plumbing, what would they have learned? The only thing you offered is
that my system is "flawed" (without knowning anything about it)

Here is what I know. When your washing machine discharges and you use a
particular kind of soap you get suds in your toilet.

I contend that this is not the fault of the soap, but the condition of your
plumbing. The way it is supposed to work is any liquid entering a drain is
suppoed to make the trip to the sewer without visiting your toilet first.

and to
"add a few more feet of vent pipe" which in my case would do absolutely
nothing.

Most folks do not have your problem. They use whatever kind of soap they
feel like and there toilet never knows. Your washing machine discharge is
not being carried to the street without stopping in your toilet first.

If you were to take a 50 foot piece of drain pipe and pitch it properly and
vent it properly, and then used the same soap and discharged your washing
machine into that pipe, would not all the suds flow right out the pipe?

In your case I also know that the discharge from your washing machine is
overcoming the weight of the water in your toilet trap and allowing a
reverse flow. It is not supposed to do that. If a little suds is doing
that that is definitely systematic of a problem with the plumbing.

Since you claim to have snaked all the lines, and found them to be clear,
This still leaves you with the problem. If it not the design and condition
of your waste system, then why do millions of housewives use the same kind
of soap and not have it back up into their toilet?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.