Tom

"Howie" wrote in message
We just bought a new Kenmore dishwasher at a Sears outlet store that we
are
temporarily storing in our below freezing garage .. is this a problem? Is
it true that there might be some water in it from testing at the factory?
hope not, or we might have problems... the young guy at Sears didn't
think
storing it in our garage would be a problem. Comments anyone?

All dishwashers and washing machines are going to have a small amount of
water left in them from the factory. Not enough that freezing will hurt
them because many dealers warehouses and no delivery trucks are heated
anyway. Just wait sufficient time after install to let the water thaw
before turning on the machine so the pump isn't trying to turn while froze
up.