JhnWil875

Default Off peak electricity

Subject: Off peak electricity
From: Richard Savage
Date: 01/03/04 20:06 GMT Standard Time

It has always perplexed me that there appears to be nothing preventing
the removal of my gas meter and insertion of appropriate pipe in its
place. There are no seals anywhere on my meter or the bracket that it
is attached to.

Richard

Someone in the gas industry told me that the gas company installed meters in 5
tower blocks each consisting of 174 Flats and found that about 12% of the gas
was stolen.

All they did was to put up posters in the entrance halls warning people about
the safety and criminal aspects of stealing gas, which made no difference
whatsoever to the amount being stolen.

The normal meter reader apparently found bypassed meters periodically with
varying degrees of competence including one which had been bypassed using a
piece of plastic/rubber hose with Jubillee clips and gaffer tape for the seal.

John.

John.