Duane Bozarth

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:

... It must be an area of quite small
farms for there to be any significant number of gasoline powered
equipments (even trucks) on a farm these days...

I believe Charlie's in the same general region I am. Around here it's small
farms mostly. The guy down the way grows a little bit of corn and other
things and a lot of tobacco--best cigar-wrapper in the world--even the
Cubans used to import it. Most of his equipment dates back to the '60s or
earlier.

That's what I surmised...our 12 quarters (160 A/quarter for those where
things aren't all broken up into nice neat square sections) were well
above average for the county when I was growing up...now I'm one of the
smaller producers in the county, but at 60+ I'm not looking to expand
further...