Greg O

I Work for a HVAC shop and we often put in shop heaters for temporary heat.
The heaters I describe are the type like the Modine Hot Dawg or Reznor UDAP.
just remove a window, cover it with plywood and run a vent trough it. 20#
propane tanks will not get you far for that type of heat. You can only get a
few hours of heat with the load you require. A propane supplier may set a
tank near the house and run a rubber hose into run temp heat, ask them. A
local HVAC shop may have a heater or furnace they would install for temp
heat also.
Greg

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For the first time ever I have a house with no heat and cold weather

coming
fast. I would love input from the group on the best type of temporary

heat
for a remodel in progress. Because of the stage (drywall just going up) I
will be limited to kerosene or propane (20# tanks). I am interested in
safety, operating cost and equipment cost in that order. Would any of them
be acceptable (generally considered safe) to leave operating overnight

with
no supervision?

TIA

Colbyt