effi

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For the first time ever I have a house with no heat and cold weather
coming
fast. I would love input from the group on the best type of temporary
heat
for a remodel in progress. Because of the stage (drywall just going up) I
will be limited to kerosene or propane (20# tanks). I am interested in
safety, operating cost and equipment cost in that order. Would any of them
be acceptable (generally considered safe) to leave operating overnight
with
no supervision?

no, nor at any time, night or otherwise, and both put off toxic fumes
harmful to humans which can be deadly in confined areas like the ones you
mention (in a drywalled room)

also not safe unsupervised, overnight, or anytime, some rely on the newer
technology catalytic propane heaters which don't burn but rather "crack" the
propane, supposedly making it safe indoors with humans as to breathing,
noting a slight smell may be detected due to odors purposefully put in
propane so humans can smell it when it leaks, consult manufacturer of any
specific heater as to proper use

maybe local fire department can help finalize ideas

TIA

Colbyt