Clint

The nice thing about having the short cord on the tool then is you don't end
up walking back and forth to the wall plug all the time. Make it just long
enough to loop it somewhere you can see it, and away you go!

Clint

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Richard Cline writes:

I prefer around a one foot power cord and a ten foot extension. When I
go to move the machine it is easy to disconnect and not have to trip
over the trailing cord. I use the heavy rubber cord protectors on the
floor where I walk over the extension cord.

Novel approach. About like what's been done to small kitchen appliances.
But I
use the cord as an indication of the machine's being unplugged when I'm
changing blades, cutters, belts, etc. I drape the cord over the table so
the
plug is visible. If I can't see the plug, I won't work on the machine
until I
can see it.

Charlie Self
"Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power." Eric Hoffer