SQLit

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Federal Noark panel. I would like to add 2 circuits, but only
have one slot. I need to add a dedicated circuit for a dishwasher and
would like to put in a GFI circuit breaker for the kitchen and
bathroom.

I have been unable to find a Federal Pacific stab and lock tandem
breakers.

I have also read Federal Pacific panels are a fire risk. Is this true
and should I switch panels?

Federal lost its UL listing years ago. Yes it was for fires. I remember
doing trouble calls in West Phoenix, when the full summer sun hit the
panels, the breakers would trip.

I can not tell you if you should change the service. That is going to cost
some big bucks.

This link will has 20-20 and 15-15 breakers listed.
http://www.electricsupplyonline.com/...e-breakers.php
Bring your banker for creative financing.

Forget the GFCI breaker idea, MUCH more expensive. Go to your electric
supply/box store and get GFCI outlets and install them. The kitchen and
bathrooms should not be on the same circuit. Kitchens need 2 free circuits
per code (at least) not counting installed equipment. Bathrooms as far as I
am concerned should be on their own circuit. My SO has enough electrical
stuff to make a small load bank. Thank god she can old plug in two items at
a time. I did find a outlet expander in the bathroom once, after destroying
it. I pleaded with her that I was not interested in dealing with a fire nor
her death. I do not think that she really bought it but I have not found any
more outlet expanders in the bathroom.